Sacramento - The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today released preliminary statistics for implementation of Assembly Bill 60 (AB 60) for the third full week of implementation data.
The following statistics are from Saturday, January 17, 2015 to Friday, January 23, 2015:
- Approximate number of AB 60 driver licenses issued last week: 14,000
- Total issued since January 2, 2015: 39,000 NOTE: A license is not issued until the applicant proves identity and residency with qualifying documents or through secondary review, passes a written knowledge exam, and completes a behind-the-wheel drive exam.
- Approximate number of AB 60 applicants who visited a DMV office last week: 74,000
- Approximate number who visited an office since January 2, 2015: 279,000
- Approximate number of AB 60 driver license exams (written or behind-the-wheel) administered last week: 90,000
- Approximate number of exams (written or behind-the-wheel) administered since January 2, 2015: 307,000
The DMV will continue to release these implementation statistics on a weekly basis. Next month, DMV will also release additional summary statistics for the month of
Read Full News Release (pdf)